Pregnancy Tips : How To Get Pregnant / Conception -- Increase Your Fertility Chances.Pregnancy / Gynecology, women health 12/14/2010
A baby is formed by the union of a female egg and male sperm. Only one egg is produced by the female ovary each month while millions of sperms (400 million) are produced by male testes each 48 hours.
The normal volume of semen varies from 4-6 ml. and sperm count varies from 20 - 100 millions per milliliter.
To fertilize an egg only one sperm is required but still it is necessary that semen should have following characteristics;
- semen volume should be more than 2 ml
- sperm count should be greater than 20 million sperms per milliliter.
- semen should be slightly alkaline in nature (to neutralize vaginal acidity)
Males with sperm count below 20 million million are infertile.
They must take medication to increase their sperm count. Many patients who have oligospermia (decreased sperm count) get successfully treated and became fathers.
Moreover Follow following few tips to get pregnant.
- The best Sexual position For conception is missionary. In this position your parter can penetrate deeply and gravity supports sperm movement toward egg.
- Experts Say that raising the hips after intercourse increases the chances of fertility.
- Probability of pregnancy differs remarkably in different days. it depends on the duration of menstrual cycle. Females who have menstrual cycle of 28 days are more likely to be pregnant in the 12th to 16th day of cycle. (the day on which menstrual bleeding starts is counted as "day 1")
- Medicine like Clomid help to increase fertility in females, but should be taken under prescription.
- Don't Sex Every day. wait for 48 hours. It takes 48 hours for a male to produce new shipment of sperms.
- Decrease Coffee intake. Coffee constrict blood vessels and may hinder the baby development.
- If every thing is done right, still you have only 30 to 40 chance of making a baby each month. Hence don't lose hope and Try next time.
- If you are taking any medication, consult your doctor to find out whether these are safe or not when you are trying to conceive.
- Make your vaginal environment Sperm friendly. Don't use scents or tampons which can alter vaginal pH. Over acidic pH kills sperms.